If you don’t want to use your PayPal account directly, you can withdraw in South African Rands by linking your bank account. Follow the steps below.
Step 1: Open a PayPal account if you don’t have one
Log in to the official website of PayPal. Then select the ‘Sign Up’ button. Follow the steps provided by PayPal. The email you use must be the same one you registered on SurveyOasis with, as payments are made to this email.
Step 2: Link your bank account
- Select ‘My Bank Accounts’ or ‘Forex’ once you have logged into FNB. If you don’t have an account with FNB – please register for a free online profile with FNB by selecting register on the home page.
- Select the Menu option and then ‘PayPal Services’.
- Select the Menu option again and then select ‘Link your PayPal Profile’.
- During the linking process, you will be able to add a non-FNB bank account for withdrawal purposes if needed. For the latest info. go to FNB.
Later on, if you decide to withdraw to a bank account, you may need to verify that it is actually your bank account with PayPal. Follow the steps on the PayPal site.
Step 3: Withdraw funds to your linked bank account.
- Log into your FNB account.
- Select “Forex”.
- Select “PayPal Services” menu and select to withdraw.
NOTE: Top-up and withdraw transactions are done from the FNB Online Banking site. Each top-up and withdraw transaction will require a separate Balance of Payment (BoP) code.
Supporting documents must be available for the South African Reserve Bank (just in case). NOTE: Top-up and withdraw transactions are reported to the South African Reserve Bank.